PART-TIME POLICE OFFICER
BOROUGH OF SANDY LAKE
The Borough of Sandy Lake is seeking experienced applicants for the position of part-time police officer. This is a non-civil service full time position.
Qualifications and requirements: Candidates, at the time of application must:
Possess a high school diploma or a graduate equivalency diploma (GED);
- Must be Municipal Police Officer’s Education Training Commission (MPOETC) certified;
- Current Act 120 certification;
- Be a United States Citizen;
- Be physically and mentally fit to perform the full duties of a police officer;
- Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age;
- Possess a valid driver’s license;
Successful applicants must meet the requirements of the Borough of Sandy Lake’s hiring policy which includes a comprehensive background screening, substance abuse screening and post offer physical required.
Residency Requirement: Discussion at time of interview.
Benefits: paid holidays, paid vacation, health insurance, retirement fund
Applications: Four (4) copies of the following information must be mailed or delivered in person; no electronic submission will be accepted, by June 23, 2017. No applications will be received after this deadline.
- Resume and cover letter (resume to include salary requirement, address & phone number of employers, name of direct supervisor, reason for leaving and salary history)
- Personal References: provide three (3) references (not relatives, fellow employees or instructors) who are responsible adults of reputable standing within their community. DO NOT LIST LAW ENFORCEMENT REFERENCES.
- Law Enforcement References: provide three (3) law enforcement officers that you know personally and have personal knowledge of you.
- Copy of MPOETC certification
- Copy of high school diploma or GED
- Copy of certificate reflecting highest level of education
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of DD-214, if applicable
- Copy of State Police, FBI and Child Abuse clearances
Applications submitted without all of the attached documents will not be considered.
Attention: Personnel Committee
Borough of Sandy Lake
P.O. Box 87
Sandy Lake, PA 16145
The Borough of Sandy Lake is an Equal Opportunity Employer.